Monday, October 19, 2009

Putting our political parties on a leash

So, as I mentioned before, our federal politicians are in need of a good talking to regarding elections. And since Michaelle Jean hasn't yet whipped them into shape, I've taken it upon myself to play the scolding mother. Below you'll find my ideas for how we can fix our electoral system and ensure that we poor souls needn't mark 'X's more than necessary.

On the Rick Mercer Report a few weeks ago there was a great sketch on makers of small pencils used for marking ballots losing their jobs because Jack Layton stopped an election from happening. So I guess those chaps get the short end of the stick again with my proposal, but hey, they could probably all get jobs making huge prop cheques for the Conservative Party.

And yes, I intended to look scary in the adjacent photo. That was my 'I'm a serious journalist' face.


Read my piece here. (It includes the Rhinoceros Party ... it's bound to be good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment